If you are an art lover and love to pay attention to minor details, you will love to create little objects d’art in every possible corner of your home.
Today, I will tell you how to beautify your phone charger in this first DIY post on this blog. Hopefully, we will soon come up with videos for the same on our upcoming YouTube channel.
For now, we do hope that you like the ideas we are sharing here with you.
How to Beautify/ Decorate/ Embellish Your Cell Phone Charger?
All of us have cell phones these days and most of them put them up at places where they are easily accessible to us.
READ THAT AS: Places where they are likely to be seen very often.
Wouldn’t you love to deck up your charger to make it look more beautiful?
And that too if you don’t have to spend too much time on doing that?
Infact, embellishing one charger will not take you more than 15-20 minutes and only a few bucks.
We assure you that you’ll love the results.
I enjoyed doing it so much that I did something quirky with all the cell phone chargers we had at our place!!
Various sites, especially Etsy.com have been selling decorated cell phone chargers and iPhone chargers for $17-20. But why blow up your hard earned cash when you can easily create wonderful patterns like these at home:
This was all that I needed:
Some felt tip pens, a couple of markers, a couple of Japanese Washi tapes, Wonder Paper tape and a pair of scissors or paper knife.
Option 1
Stick a paper tape on to the sides of the charger like this.
I decorated my first few chargers at home by simply affixing the paper tape to them and creating delectable patterns appealing to the eye on them with felt tip pens.
Just make sure you take up striking color contrasts. Like I have used -to get the most beautiful results.
Admittedly, I am not too creative and these are by far the simplest of patterns I have tried. You can, of course, do them up much better if you have that creative spark in you.
Here are some chargers I tried decorating:
I used a simple green and blue pattern to create a mosaic.
This certainly does look more interesting than your charger does at present!!
Next, I picked up the rainbow colors and created a very basic multi colored striped rainbow pattern on the tape.
It couldn’t have been easier- I used my son’s scale and set of pens and created this:
If you are creating pattern with pens or paints, make sure you stick some scotch tape over it to waterproof it. That will prevent the pattern from fading away if you happen to touch the charger with wet or dirty hands.
I did not realize the need to do so earlier and you can see how the paint has faded away in the second and third pictures above.
That was easy, wasn’t it??
Besides that, you could simply use Japanese Washi tapes to make your charger look prettier.
Besides this, you can create various patterns with Japanese Washi tapes and decorate or beautify your mobile phone charger to look like any of these. Click on any of these pics to see them in a 570px width:
I am sure this is something you will enjoy doing in your free time!!
If you have some more ideas for making your phone charger look prettier or more interesting, send in the pics to us.

0 comments:
Post a Comment