Use Google Translate Plugin for WordPress to Translate a Blog

Written By
Use Google Translate Plugin for WordPress to Translate a Blog
How to translate a blog?
Ever wondered?
We all know that language plays a vital role in communication.
I come across so many wonderful mommy blogs and DIY blogs in French and other languages (whatever I can’t read looks like French to me :P ) which I wish to be able to understand but am unable to do so because of the language barrier.
The other day, there was this awesome blog in Chinese (I can make out Chinese from French :D ). I enjoyed watching some of their home management tips and nail art tutorials but could not make much out of it because there was not “Translate” option over there. Had they had the option to translate, I would have surely subscribed to them to get regular updates in future.
Today, I will tell you how to add Google translate for WordPress hoping it will help all who want to know how to translate a blog.
Even if you blog in English, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have Google translate on WordPress for your site because you might be able to get across to a wider audience if you give them the option to translate in other languages.
According to a survey taken by linguists, nearly 7000 different languages are used by people across the globe. though English has a large appeal, there is no denying that reader base could be widened by adding the facility to translate the content on your blog.
As I told you earlier, I was rather upset about not being able to read the contents of a blog I was really liking because of the language handicap. So, I searched a lot over the internet till I came across the perfect solution for translating a blog or a website.
You can do so by using this awesome plugin called the Google Language Translator.

How to Translate A Blog/ Website using Google Translator for WordPress?

This is an amazing plugin using which you can translate the contents of any website or blog into any of the languages of your choice.
You might have noticed that many popular blogs and websites have this option to translate. You too can get this and translate the contents of your blog or website in any language of your choice simply by installing this plugin.
Here are the steps you need to follow to install Google translate on WordPress site:
1. Download the plugin Google Language Translator from WordPress website. Download and activate the plugin by visiting the plugin management area.
2. Once the plugin has been activated, you can access the dashboard of the plugin by visiting Settings >> Google Language Translator. This directs you to the interface for the Google Language Translator Plugin.
3. Once you get access to the menu, simply enable the Plugin status and update the Options by clicking UPDATE OPTION in the menu.
4. Now, go to appearance>> widgets. Now you can simply drag the text box into your sidebar and you can paste the shortcode for the plugin. [Google-translator]
5. Now it is time to save the text widget and refresh your website or visit your website.
Installing this plugin allows your readers to translate the content on your website to languages of their choice. Google Language Translator not only translates the content but your ENTIRE website into any language you want to. Users can translate any page on your website by using this plugin, or even the entire website/ blog if they choose to do so!!
Features of Google Language Translator:
1. Allows you to hide/ show Google toolbar in your website.
2. Allows the webmaster to add the shortcodes on widgets, pages and posts of your website.
3. Allows you to show/hide the list of languages for your post/pages.
4. Extremely light in code and do not affect your page loading time of your website.
5. Gives you an option to enable Translate button on your post/pages of your WordPress websites.
Most of the pages are automatically translated by Google Chrome as it contains predefined translators. Even if you are using any other browser, you can go with this plugin to reach put to more people who might want to read your content in languages other than English.
Just imagine how much more traffic that could mean for you!
Conclusion
I hope this post will help all those who wanted to learn how to translate a blog/ website.If you feel your content has the capability to appeal to a wider audience, adding Google Translate for WordPress can help catapult your blog to the next level!

0 comments:

Post a Comment