How to Hide Facebook Status From Boss/ Teacher/ Mom/ Ex?

Written By


Facebook has now become a way of life for most of us.
It is not uncommon to see people vent out their feelings on their walls.
I have seen youngsters share their angst and pour their heart out on their walls. And then regret about it later when they realize that the message was read by the very people it was directed against.
I see statuses as weird as, “Want to kill my boss”“Oh Mom, I wish you weren’t that cruel”.
My 16 year old son’s friend recently posted this on his wall:
“Trust me, you can fight”                    - Vodka
 Only to get a tight slap on his face from his furious dad (Indian parents can get away with that :D ) who happened to be on his friend list on Facebook. 

Hilarious Facebook Status Updates About Boss/ Teacher

Here are a few hilarious status updates and the reactions they evoked.
A few extreme status updates involving the boss first:
boss-reaction-facebook-post

funny-facebook-status-about-boss

hilarious-facebook-post-about-employers

Similarly, there have been students who have landed themselves in a soup for blurting out unbecoming things about their teachers on Facebook. Like you can see here:


hilarious-facebook-post-about-teacher



funny-facebook-post-about-teacher


To make sure you do not land in embarrassing situations like these, here is an easy way out to hide your Facebook posts from your teacher/ boss/ ex/ mom/ dad.

How to Hide Your Status Update From Boss/ Teacher/ Mom/ Dad/ Ex?

If you have been wishing all the while to be able to hide your Facebook posts from your dad/ mom/ ex/ boss/ teacher, here is a simple way to help you get away even after posting all crap about them by taking the following simple precautions.
And NO, you don’t have to delete them off your friends’ list or block them for that to happen.
All you need to do is exercise a little caution at the time of posting your status and be careful with your settings.
Here is how you go about it:
  • This is what you see when you update your Facebook status:


  • Now if you click here, you can see the various friends’ lists you have created or are there by default:


  • You can choose the people on your friends’ list with whom you want to share your status by clicking on CUSTOM option here:

If you choose “Friends” here, only the people in “Friends” category will be able to view what you posted.
  • Similarly, it I post something about an alumni meet coming up at my ex-school and do not want all my friends in the blogging world or family members to read it, I will click on the group I created by the name “XYZ School” in which I have included all my school friends, juniors, seniors and teachers.

  • Now, I don’t have a boss. Let us assume that I do not want my husband to read my status update. I will simply type his name in the “Do not share with…” column.
Like this:


  • Let us assume I choose to add my son’s name to the list as well.

The status I now post will be visible to everyone on my friends’ list except Gautam Gupta andShaurya Mahajan whom I have chosen to leave out.

  •  If you wish to hide your posts from a few people regularly, you can create a separate list of all those people you want to leave out.
To do so, go to the profile of the people you want to add to your “Banned” list. As you hover over their name, you will see the options mentioned below:


Click on “Add to another list” to create a list of people who will not be able to see any of your posts in future unless, of course, you choose to change your settings.
I am choosing to add all such people to the “Restricted” list. Unless I change my settings, they will not be able to see any of my status updates except the ones which are meant for “Public“.
You can also create a new list and name it “Bosses” or “School Teachers” or whatever you wish.


  • Whenever I update my status next time or put up a post, I can easily leave out all the people in this new list by clicking on this list, as explained above:

I would, in all sincerity, advise all my readers to be extremely sensible about posting too much or writing unsavory comments/ posts about anyone on their social networking sites.
To those who just cant seem to resist the temptation to do so, I  hope this tutorial will help them avoid peeping bosses and teachers.
Happy Facebooking everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment